|New mandala on full watercolor sheet (22 x 30")|
- No construction lines to erase.
- No construction lines leaving dents in the paper in open spaces.
- Don't have to struggle with a pencil compass to draw a 20" circle.
- Easier to draw smooth curves on a small scale.
- Ability to start over on a new sheet without starting completely over if I f*** it up, which I did sadly in this case but didn't lose the many hours doing the initial steps.
- I can theoretically do something in acrylic or oil without having to puncture the canvas with the compass point.
Some people in the art community think that projector are evil, but frankly if it is just me enlarging my own drawing I say to heck with them. I got the Artograph Flare 100, which was pricey, but has the ability to take multiple inputs (smartphone, thumb drive, USB, HDMI.) We can even watch a movie by projecting a DVD onto a blank wall, if there was such a thing as a blank wall in this house.
|This shows how big compared to other recent works.|
It's going to take about 8 times longer to paint the watercolors than a small one, so I'd better stop typing and get painting.